Super Fierce Pty Ltd ABN 22 632 423 575 Australian Financial Services Licensee no. 534567
Super Fierce is a personal wealth platform designed to empower people with financial knowledge, tools and services. Our goal is to make it easier for you to make informed decisions about your financial situation. We always strive to provide clear information in language you understand, which is easy to find, and available exactly when you need it.
You are receiving this Financial Services Guide (FSG) because you are interested in one of our services.
The purpose of this FSG is to give you the information you need to decide whether to use our services. It gives you information about the type of services we provide, how we are paid and your rights when you have a complaint.
If you have any questions about this document, please get in touch with us.
When we provide you with personal advice (where we take into account your needs, financial situation and circumstances) you will receive a:
- Statement of Advice (also referred to as SOA) or, where we provide further personal advice, a Record of Advice (also referred to as ROA). These documents set out the advice we provide to you and also outline relevant information about us, and the fees and charges associated with our advice. You might be tempted to skim the SOA or ROA, but you shouldn’t. Please don’t! They are packed full of important information which you need to know. And we’ve worked hard to make sure they are beautiful, relevant, easy to navigate and understand. If you haven’t already been provided with a copy of the ROA, you can contact us to request a copy of it free of charge at any time within 7 years after the advice was given.
- Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) which provides details about the significant risks and benefits, costs, charges and other significant characteristics or features of the products we have recommended.
Occasionally we provide general advice. If we provide you with general advice, it may not be appropriate to your needs, financial situation, or objectives, and you should consider your circumstances before proceeding with our advice. Additionally, you should obtain and read the applicable PDS before making a decision.
We are authorised to provide advice and dealing services relating to:
- deposit and payment products (bank account products)
- government debentures, stocks or bonds
- life insurance products
- managed funds
- retirement savings account products
- securities (shares)
We act on our own behalf in providing services to you. We are not associated with any product issuers.
Super Fierce is not a superannuation fund. We don’t push products or earn commissions on the products we share with you. We also don’t earn advertising revenue. This is very important as we are committed to providing you with relevant information and non-conflicted advice. Below we explain what we do for you, how our fees work, and also when and how we get paid.
Our Fierce Super Savings Report is 100% fee and obligation free. This also applies to the information contained in the SOA which will be provided to you at the same time as the Report. Our goal is to provide you with deep insights into your superannuation without any pressure to make changes. It’s our gift to get you started on the path to a fierce financial future. If you decide you want to follow our advice and make a change, we would love to help you by managing that process. We charge a fee for using our Super Concierge Service.
If you decide to follow the advice set out in our SOA and make a change to your superannuation using our Super Concierge Service, we will charge you a Service Fee. It is the only payment we receive from anyone and it is all you need to pay. We receive no payments from the providers of any products. And we don’t have any other relationships that may create a conflict of interest or potentially influence our advice to you.
Because our goal is to help as many people as possible (not just the lucky ones with big bank balances) we built a model which makes this possible. It’s our modern-day Robin Hood approach to pricing. So how does this work?
Your fee is based on:
- How much you have in super today; and
- How you’re tracking compared to the typical person of your age and gender
We do this because we want our service to be affordable and fair for everyone. If you have less than the Australian Bureau of Statistics determines is typical for someone like you, we discount our fee by an additional 50%.
|Your current super balance||Service Fee||Discounted Service Fee|
|If you have less than $10,000||Free||Free|
|If you have between $10,000 and $20,000||$495||$245|
|If you have between $20,000 and $40,000||$995||$495|
|If you have more than $40,000 in super today||$1,995||$995|
We show you exactly how much you would pay, based on your personal situation, in your Report and the SOA. That way you can decide if it’s worth it before you make any commitment to use our Super Concierge Service.
Notes for legally minded or otherwise very picky:
- If you happen to have exactly $10,000.00, we will charge nil; exactly $20,000.00, we will charge $495 or exactly $40,000.00, we’ll charge $995
- The 50% discount is actually slightly more than 50% – between $10,000 and $20,000 the discounted fee is $245 (50.5% discount); between $20,000 and $40,000, the discounted fee is $495 (50.3% discount); and above $40,000, the discounted fee is $995 (50.1% discount).
- For those with super balances below what is determined as typical for someone of the same age and gender. We use “Median” to define “typical”, not “Mean”.
- Where the Service Fee is nil, we do not donate the $100 to Fierce Impact (but you are welcome to make a voluntary donation!)
You can choose to pay for our Super Concierge Service in two ways:
- By credit card in which case we form our recommendations from all open funds in the market; or
- From your super in which case we analyze all funds but only form recommendations based on super funds which enable this form of payment.
Our directors and employees are remunerated by salary and shares in Super Fierce only. Shareholders may also receive a benefit based on our ongoing company performance which is determined by total Service Fees paid, less the costs of providing our services and running Super Fierce.
If you decide to pay for a change to your superannuation using our Super Concierge Service, we will donate $100 to help Aussie women in need. Those dollars are taken from our revenue and do not impact your savings or the cost of our service.
If you would like to know more about how we are paid, please send your question to our team via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may pay a referral fee to people who refer you to us. This fee is paid from our revenue and will not impact the amount you are charged. The referral fee is usually between $0 and $50. Specific details of any referral fee paid will be disclosed to you in your SOA or ROA. These referral fees are not a conflict of interest as they don’t influence our services in any way.
We are required to tell you about any associations or relationships between us, our related entities and product issuers that could reasonably be capable of influencing the financial services we provide to you. No such associations or relationships exist.
We get out of bed every day to make life easier for people, including women in need. So we will always strive to do our best. But we know we aren’t perfect. So if we let you down in any way, we want to know and see what we can do to improve.
If you have a complaint, please contact us. We accept complaints via email or letter or on our social media channels. The best option is to put your complaint in writing. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as we can and within required timeframes.
If you are still not ok with the outcome or we do not respond to you within 30 days after you make the initial complaint, you have the right to complain to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) at the following address:
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Ph: 1800 931 678
Fax: 03 9613 6399
Please contact us first though before contacting AFCA.
Our Complaints Handling Procedure is available here.
We hold professional indemnity insurance in respect of the financial services we provide. This professional indemnity insurance complies with the requirements of the Corporations Act. The professional indemnity insurance covers all of the financial services we are authorised to provide to you.
Our contact details are:
Address: PO Box 370, Coolum Beach QLD 4573